table of contents
"Debian and Android Together on G1."
- first reported installation of Debian on an Android device – Nov. 2008
"Debian Kit for Android."
- bind-mounts Debian to the root of the Android file system
(i.e. does not use chroot)
- gives Debian full access to the Android file system
Mikael Q. Kuisma.
"Integrating GNU/Linux with Android the Matrix Way"
- instead of running Debian in a chroot, Kuisma runs Android in a
- During the device's initialization process, Debian is mounted first,
then Debian transfers control to the chroot'ed Android.
- the first Debian installer on Android Market (now
- uses the classic chroot method of installing Debian on Android
- classic chroot and then mounts Android partitions in Debian space
- Debian user sees a fusion of both Debian and Android systems
Anton Skshidlevsky (meefik).
- classic chroot method
- offers a wide selection of GNU/Linux distributions
- GNU/Linux operating system
- has supported the ARM processor (in most phones and tablets) since 2000
- open-source operating system based on Android
- provides a subset of Debian pre-configured for educational networks
- identifies open-source software suitable for use in schools (among other goals)